This Steinway Art Grand Piano was built in 1905 in the United States by one of the most respected piano companies in the world. It's official description identifies it as being a Steinway Art Grand, Model B, Ivoryized, dull finish, special lacquer hardware, with inlaid marquetry.
The piano was originally built for a physician by the name of Dr. T.M. Murray residing in Washington D.C. at the the turn of the century. It was subsequently purchase by a Sheik in North Africa and returned to the United States roughly a decade later. Gifted to the Frank Llyod Wright Foundation in the early 1970s, the piano was placed in the the living room at Taliesin West in Phoenix, Arizona. Therem Wright's wife, Olgivanna, played an composed music for bearly two decades until her passing in 1985.
In 1971, Glenn Brown, a Registered Craftsman in the Piano Technician's Guild International and a Piano Builder, met Mrs. Wright,